What is VET Kitchen Operations all about?
VET Kitchen Operations is for students who love cooking. Working in a commercial kitchen you will develop practical skills and knowledge in food preparation and cooking. Valuable hands on experience will be gained from participating at Kalgoorlie events such as Diggers and Dealers, Kalgoorlie races and Kidsfest.
Who should select this Certificate?
- Any student interested in food and cooking
- A student who has tried or wants experience in the food area.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students could progress to the following certificates:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate III in Asian Cookery
- Certificate III in Catering Operations
Job opportunities for this pathway include:
- breakfast cook
- catering assistant
- fast food cook
- sandwich hand
- takeaway cook