Certificate IV Preparation for Nursing (Year 12)
Vocational Education and Training
What is VET Preparation for Nursing all about?
VET Preparation Nursing is for students wishing to enter a career as an enrolled nurse. The Certificate IV will prepare students with the knowledge and skills required to study nursing. You will learn about anatomy and physiology, microbiology, medical technology, applied mathematics, as well as physics and chemistry related to nursing procedures.
Who should select this Certificate?
• Any student wishing to enter nursing in further studies.
The Certificate IV in Preparation for Nursing is for Year 12 students only as the following TAFE entrance requirements apply:
• C grades in Year 11 WACE General English and Mathematics (or equivalent completion of OLNA or Band 9 Year 9 NAPLAN)
• Successful completion of a Certificate II in Year 11
In addition to the TAFE entry requirements listed above students also need to satisfy the following:
• Achievement of 6 C grades or better in Year 11 Courses
• Maintenance of acceptable attendance percentage (+90%)
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students may be eligible for entry to other nursing programs, Including university entry to Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
Job opportunities for this pathway include:
• Enrolled Nurse
• Registered Nurse
• Nursing Assistant
• Allied Health Assistant