What is Certificate II Community Services (Child focus) all about?
This certificate aims to provide students with the skills needed to begin a career in children’s services by ensuring they understand the play and learning needs of children as well as an understanding of the policies and procedures required for a safe and effective workplace.
Who should select this certificate in Year 11?
This course is for those who are patient, responsible, adaptable, tolerant and caring. Young people who enjoy working with people, particularly children, and who would like to learn how to work with staff and children
This is the start of a pathway if you are considering a career as a childcare worker. You can go on to undertake a range of courses at certificate, diploma, advanced diploma and degree levels in children’s services
Areas of Study
- Prepare for work in the community sector
- Communicate with people accessing the services of the organization
- Follow policies, procedures and programs of the organization
- Work with others
- Follow WHS safety procedures for direct care work
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Support the development of children
- Communicate with children
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Work effectively with young people
- Apply first aid
To provide for different learning styles a variety of assessment tasks are used. Including written task work, role play, project work and interaction with children at play group.