What is VET Building and Construction all about?
VET Building and Construction is for students who enjoy practical hands-on work and are interested in entering one of the various fields in the building industry, such as carpentry, joinery, roofing, plastering, bricklaying or painting and decorating. The certificate will give students a taste of the varied skills needed in the building industry allowing them to make a more informed choice about what field they would like to specialise in when they leave school.
Who should select this Certificate?
- Any student interested in the Building and Construction industry.
- Students who have prior experience in this industry or who would like to gain experience in this industry.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students could progress to the following certificates:
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate III in Joinery
- Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
- Certificate III in Solid Plastering
- Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
- Certificate III in Roof Tiling
Job opportunities for this pathway include:
- Floor Finishing
- Roof Tiling
- Glass and Glazing
- Sign Writing