What is VET Automotive all about?
Vet Automotive is for students who like to work with motors and are interested in a high tech industry. By joining this program you will be able to work on cars and explore different areas in the trade that you may be interested in. If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty and love working with engines this is the program for you.
Who should select this Certificate in Year 11?
- Any student who is interested in mechanics and/or auto trade.
- A student who has tried or wants experience in the automotive area.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students could progress to the following certificates:
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive Alternative Fuel Technology
- Certificate III in Motorcycle Mechanical Technology
The following job opportunities for this pathway are:
- Light Vehicle Mechanic
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Plant Mechanics
- Small Engine Mechanic
- Motorbike Mechanics
- Auto Electrical